Cask and Pig reopens after fire

Jan 30, 2018

The Cask and Pig restaurant is now officially open again after a fire damaged the building on January 27.

On its Facebook page, Cask and Pig owners announced the restaurant is back in business as of 4 p.m. on January 30 after cleaning up from the fire, which was reported at 2:12 p.m. on January 27.

The owners said the fire was caused by an ember from the restaurant's wood grill that made its way into a rooftop-mounted exhaust fan. The ember ignited grease inside the fan unit, the post read.

Dartmouth Fire District No. 3 responded to the fire at 2:12 p.m. on January 27. The fire was reported to be under control by 2:35 p.m.

The Cask and Pig is located at 780 State Road.

Comments (0)
If you wish to comment, please login.